Saturday, September 23, 2017

5-Years Before the Screen - Results!

The results from the Five Year Blog Drawing are in and the winners named.
A few statistics...
Number of Participants: 27
Ranking of Entries per Participant:

Obs Follower #
Entries*
1 DARTFROG 16
2 GONSALVO 15
3 MARK STRACHAN 9
4 NORM SMITH 9
5 CAVEADSUM1471 8
6 PHIL 7
7 CHASSEUR 6
8 CHRISTOPHER AXEBREAKER 6
9 NATHOLEON 6
10 PETER DOUGLAS 6
11 ROY WILLIAMSON 6
12 MICHAL KUCHARSKI 5
13 ROD FOREHAND 3
14 ANDREW FRANKE 1
15 DAN FOLEY 1
16 ED M 1
17 EDWIN KING 1
18 EL GREGO 1
19 EMJENIC 1
20 JMILESR 1
21 MATT CRUMP 1
22 PETER 1
23 PRUFROCK 1
24 RAY ROUSELL 1
25 SGT STEINER 1
26 TIM GOW 1
27 WILLIE ANDERSON 1

*Recall that extra entries were allowed for publicizing the anniversary drawing and for being among the Top 10 Contributors. 

The winners of the three USD$25 Gift vouchers in the order of their selection are:

Obs Follower # Entries Entry
 Selected
1 CAVEADSUM1471
8
1
2 ED M
1
1
3 NORM SMITH
9
9

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all who either participated in the drawing, follow the PWJ, or stop by for an occasional visit.

If you are a lucky winner (and Ed with only one entry in the drawing, you are lucky!), please send your email details and electronic gift voucher choice via the Contact Form.  Once received, your electronic voucher will be purchased and delivered lickety-split.

Note: 27SEP2017 - All gift cards have been awarded.

Thanks again,
Jon 

18 comments:

  1. Jonathan, so pleased to be one of the lucky candidates in your kind offer. I have done the contact form thing and will let you know what delights I select. Kind regards and look forward to the next five years of posts. :-) Norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone, and thanks Jon for running this. Here's to the next five years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners,and of course a round of applause for Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZOW! My sincere apologies to those who had more than 1 entry (must be clean living is all I can say...). Once I catch my breath, I'll send along my information (and notify the IRS of the windfall).

    Thanks!
    Ed M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean living and an unbiased simple random sampling algorithm!

      Delete
  6. Gosh! Thanks for running it Jonathan, to 5 more years and now I need to reread the earlier post as I didn't think it would apply to me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain, have a glance at the contest rules and submit your request for an electronic gift card.

      Delete
  7. Congratulation for a Winners and ohters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick update to again thank Jonathan and to let him know how his dollars were spent. I asked for an Amazon voucher, for some Kindle books.

    The Haul;

    Panther (by Osprey Publishing). This is a substantial volume from Thomas Anderson and has just been released. I enjoyed his Tiger I book very much and since the direct comparison of these two vehicles interests me so much, I thought it would be good to see the same authours views on both vehicles.

    Viking Warrior versus Anglo-Saxon Warrior (the Osprey Combat series) by Gareth Williams. 1066 is quite my thing and I have had my eye on this for a while. In the efforts to compare troops types, the book looks at the battles of Ashdown 871, Malden 991 and Stamford Bridge 1066. I think I am going to get a ton of pleasure from this.

    Panzer III at War 1939 - 45 (images if War) by Paul Thomas. I like the way this goes right through the war, even though by 1943 the vehicle struggled as a MBT to keep up with developments of upgunning etc. There are some great photos in the book and plenty of text that makes you ask ‘do my rules do that’ - so a very useful title, especially as I want to look at some 1940 gaming.

    All three titles feed into current projects, which I hope in turn will become blog posts that can then be put back out to the community.

    Again thanks, a generous idea that will produce a lot of quality hobby time. Norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm! Glad you had an eye on some targets already! All books look interesting and if they provide inspiration for your projects, that is perfect!

      Delete
  9. Very nice. Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry that I did not have the time to participate in this but I congratulate you on your blog, which combines longevity, prodigious output, and great inspiration for your peers. Best, Michael

    ReplyDelete